Right, after the mammoth sessions of gift making, I have at last been able to sit down and make a garment.
I purchased 3 metres Cloque Jersey from The Textile Centre at the grand sum of £1.79/metre intending to use it for this top and also a tie-front shrug/cardigan for myself.
First I had to decide on the exact style of top for my friend. I checked with her daughter – type of neckline, length of sleeve and approximate size. With this information to hand I decided on Kwik Sew K3915 which I have made previously in a variety of jersey fabrics.
I would make view A and having cut out noted that I had used a little over 1 metre of fabric.
As my overlocker was threaded up with Charcoal Grey and as I did not have sufficient reels of Pale Pink thread, I had to use the sewing machine to construct the top. The neckline has been stabilised with Vieseline bias stay tape –a new acquisition about which I am very pleased.
I used a lightning stitch for most of the construction plus a narrow zig-zag stitch for the hems on the sleeves and the body.
I am very pleased with the result and hope that a) the garment fits and b) that the recipient likes my choice of style top. I am keeping my fingers crossed!