On Thursday I was chatting to Meg when she enquired if I would be able to make up a bag to demonstrate some of the beautiful linen/cotton blend fabrics that are available at New Threads. The bag would need to be completed and ready to take to the NEC, Birmingham in time for the show the following week. As I did not have any particular sewing projects waiting with bated breath to be made, I agreed to “slot in” a bag. Later in the morning I drove up to New Threads (one day I shall be fit enough to walk there and back!) and collected the fabric, thread and a button. I was all set to stitch.
Outer Fabric Lining Fabric
I had the pattern in my stash but had never got around to stitching up any of the bags. Now was my chance to test drive the pattern. I chose view A and selected the appropriate pattern pieces from the envelope. The machine was threaded and a bobbin wound, with fusible interfacing and wadding to hand, off I went.
The bag construction was simple and straightforward. There were no surprises and the bag went together quickly and well. Padded out with bubble wrap, I photographed the completed bag and sent copies by e-mail to Meg later in the afternoon. The bag was delivered on Friday after I had attended the Sprat & Winkle House Group and has been much admired since.