Audrey #3 for Catherine

Hot on the heels of the Audrey #2 that I made for myself using some textured Ponte Roma that has long been in my stash, Catherine gets version #3 using yet more of this fabric. I don’t recall how much I bought but even after cutting out Catherine’s Audrey there is still sufficient for a short sleeve top for me!

I think that I have now ‘cracked it’ in terms of getting the neckband to sit nice and flat against the body. I used the ‘hack’ as shown by Andrea of ‘Beyond the Pink Door’ in a recent vlog.

For Catherine’s measurements I cut a size 14 at the bust, graded out to a 16 at the waist and then back to a 14 for the hips.

Most of the construction was completed on the sewing machine with a narrow zig-zag stitch set at 1.00 width and 2.5 length. I machine basted the neckband in place before finishing with the overlocker. A good press and then top-stitched with the zig-zag stitch.

Hems on the sleeve and body were overlocked first and then stitched in place again with zig-zag stitch.

The top was completed in just about ONE hour and I am delighted with the finished result. I hope that Catherine enjoys it – and that it fits!

Project #34 completed 23rd April 2021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *