For my next project I decided to make the pretty Blue floral print cotton purchased from NEW THREADS at Weyhill Fairground into my standard blouse. This pattern has been made up countless times, one day when I have nothing better to do I will count them – but I know that the first time I made the blouse was over 20 years ago! Since then I have hacked the Style 1441 pattern to remove the yoke, slimmed down the body and added a shaped hem. For regular followers of my blog you will have seen this design many times before.
There is not a lot new to say about the construction process. I added two breast pockets with a single row of top stitching. The collar also has a single row of top stitching, the sleeve hems and the shaped hem are machined stitched and there are five Blue buttons for the front fastening.