Breton top #9

Back in February 2021 I made what I thought would be the final Breton top #8 but since then I have fallen out of love with a couple of them and they have been sold on eBay!

I particularly wanted a similar colour/print block as the one that I made for my sister (Breton top #6) so here it is. I used the White with Navy stripes Ponte Roma plus the White background floral textured Ponte Roma (both fabrics purchased from an eBay seller).

The alterations to the Fraser pattern by Sewaholics were similar to those before; extended body length, no hem band, the neckline front is lowered by 1½ inches and widened by ½ inch at each side neck point. Once again the construction was made a lot easier with the gentle curve of the front yoke.

All seams basted on the sewing machine before being sewn with the overlocker. The yokes and neckband were top stitched on the machine. The single turned hem on the sleeves and body were overlocked prior to twin needle stitching in place. I took care to ensure that the Navy stripe sat on the edge of the hem and stitched with White thread on the White stripe with the twin needle.

So, that’s the final final (!) Breton-style top completed.

Project #58 completed 6th September 2021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *