‘Carmen’ Long sleeved Blouse

When browsing the internet I have often purchased fabrics from an eBay seller, J J Textiles based in Manchester. Recently I ordered a pretty Blue background floral printed Viscose but when it arrived, unfortunately it was the wrong print. I contacted the seller and they immediately sent the correct print free of charge. So now I had 8 metres of Blue background floral printed viscose to ‘play’ with. This is the original (incorrect) print. I used some to line the bodice of my ‘Jane’ pinafore dress. I also bound all the seam edges with this print. There was still over 3 metres left and I was delighted to be able to get a long sleeved blouse and Jenna skirt cut from the fabric. Now there is absolutely nothing left!

I used my TNT pattern which I drafted myself using my standard bodice block as a starting point. Over the years of various sizes and weights, I have often had to alter the pattern to my shape at the time. So far I have made at least 3 version of this iteration of the pattern. I am calling this one ‘Carmen’ the same name that was allocated to the fabric print on the eBay listing.

The blouse has a standard collar with no collar stand. There are bust darts for shaping and a shaped hemline. The sleeves have slight gathers at the shoulders and are generously gathered into a button cuff.

There are 5 buttons at the front and a single button on each cuff. All seams were French seamed and the hem is my usual, narrow double turned and top-stitched in place. The buttons came from my bottomless stash of buttons!

So there is not a lot more to say other than I love this particular version. The fabric is soft and drapes beautifully. The collar and sleeves fit perfectly under the ‘Jane’ pinafore dress. Once I have completed the ‘Jenna’ skirt I will have another variation to wear this delightful fabric.

Project 001 of 2021 completed 8th January

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *