Having previously stated that I need to try some different/new patterns for blouses, I reverted to my TNT pattern for this novelty printed fabric – Cats gardening STELLA-DCJ1882 NAVY Clara in 100% cotton.
This print does not fit into my Golden Daffodils and Spring Greens theme but what the heck, those plans are not set into concrete!
I purchased 2 metres on the final afternoon when attending the Sewcial Retreat at Shepperton earlier in March. At a cost of £30 I did not want to ‘waste’ this pretty fabric on a new and untested pattern. However, I did draft a different short sleeve. Basically it is the puffed sleeve head with faced hem style that I have drafted for several other patterns.
I cut the bodice as per my usual pattern but when constructing I did find that the under arm was a little too high and the width around the middle and hips was too wide. The latter is easily rectified with some fish eye darts in the front bodice but I will have to re-think the shaping of the armscye and sleeve patterns for another time.
Once again I have stitched both my maker’s label and the fabric pattern design information selvedge onto the back neckline facing.
Simple Yellow spotted buttons from my stash complete the blouse.
I am very pleased with the blouse and plan to wear it with my dungarees when pottering in the garden!
Project #20 completed 31st March 2022