At last, after several false starts and interruptions, here is the finished dress. To make this simple colour-blocked shift dress I used my old faithfull Prima dress pattern. The Jade Jersey is from Fabricland in Salisbury and the multi-colour Ponte Roma Jersey was bought online from the Fabric Godmother. Having copied the front body pattern onto a piece of folded paper and transferred all marking I then slashed the pattern from top shoulder seam to below the bust dart at the same time avoiding the top of the body dart. I cut the pattern and added notation that 5/8″ seam allowance was to be added when cutting out the fabric. I cut out the front, back and yoke pieces from the two different fabrics and then double checked which sleeve needed to be cut in which fabric. The neckline is faced with plainJade jersey. There is triple stitch zig-zag inside the facing to ensure that it stays inside. All hems are finished with my favourite wide twin-needle topstitching. The dress went together quickly and well – all I need now is some slightly warmer weather so that I can wear it!
Front view Back view