The Libby shirt by Sew Over It is one of my TNT patterns. In an effort to reduce the amount of fabric in my stash I was delighted to find this remnant of pretty Daisy printed cotton with a Green background that was originally purchased from Fabricland in Salisbury. This print is ideal to be part of my current ‘collection’ of Summer clothing and should be great to wear with cut off pants.
“With its boxy shape, cropped hem and pretty collar, Libby is a contemporary yet timeless little shirt with loads of potential. The Libby Shirt features a comfortable loose fit, button-up front, notched collar, partial collar stand, unlined yoke with gently gathered back, and short grown-on cuffed sleeves. Ideal for wearing with a high-waisted skirt or jeans, the Libby Shirt has a cropped hem with two options: keep it straight across the front, or gently curve it to add a little extra length.”
These days I have my standard adjustments for this pattern. I add ½ inch to the side seams, extend the front bodice and facing x 5 inches and the back bodice by 4 inches. This provides the additional coverage needed for a full bust without having to add a dart. I do not use the back neck facing, instead I add a label panel and close up the back collar stand by turning under and top stitching in place.
These adjustments now provide a great fitting blouse that is shaped and long enough to cover my ‘lockdown tummy’. It is also great to tuck into skirts without forever pulling free.
The grown on sleeves still tend to stick out but I do plan to hack the pattern to have set in sleeves. Something that I really must get around to!
Although not included in the instructions, I have top-stitched the collar and facings. For the back yoke I added a loop at the centre plus a box pleat for the fullness.
All seams are overlocked. There are striped 5 buttons (from my stash) down the front of the blouse and the shaped hem has been overlocked before a double turn and machine stitched in place.
I am delighted with how this blouse has turned out, it goes very well with the Red stretch denim TEXAS pants by Style Arc and of course any of my White trousers and skirts.
Project #47 completed 15th July 2021