You all know that the Prima shift dress pattern from way back is one of my favourites. I recently purchased Colette “Peony” dress pattern but on closer inspection decided that with some minor alterations I could use my Prima pattern by cutting the bodice at the waist and adding a box pleated skirt (I am really “into” box pleats at present). I had this very busy Roses printed cotton in my stash so away I went. I decided to line the cap sleeves with a contrast which I then “edged” down to provide a narrow faux piping at the hem. I used the same contrasting Cerise Pink cotton to make some “real” piping at the neck edge. The box pleats were easy and I lined them up with the body darts on the bodice. Again I hand picked the centre back zip which came from the stash that my father accumulated whilst working for Opti-lon zips back in the 1960’s and 70’s. I was able to make the dress using just 2.3 metres of 114cm wide fabric but as I was running out of fabric fast there is only one side seam pocket which is on the right-hand side. I am so pleased with this dress that I shall certainly make it again – next time using a fabulous Flamingo print which will make a “stand out in the crowd” birthday dress.