This is my hack of the Dartmouth Wrap top by Cashmerette into a dress witha variety of skirt options. I shall call this my ‘Gerry’ pattern and this particular iteration is the ‘House Mouse’.
The colour and print is so not my usual style. This is a muted floral print on a dusty Burgundy background. I don’t know the construction of the jersey but it does have a tiny loop wrong side that is a sort of taupe colour. Also don’t exactly know if it was from Abakhan or a gift from my sister – either way it definitely counts as stash so that’s 4 projects made. Now I can justify buying something new.
I used the Dartmouth wrap top for the bodice and a simple gathered skirt. Wished that I had put in pockets! The back panel of the skirt is patched as I did not do a very good job of calculating the skirt length and width. Still it is at the back and fairly well disguised by the gathers. Long sleeves have narrow hem band and skirt hem is finished with twin needle stitching. Mostly sewn on my Juki overlocker.
The addition of the wide elasticated belt helps to improve the look of the dress but I will never wear it outside the house!
Completed 20th January 2020