When I last cut out a Cowl neck Freya top I noticed the scoop of the neckline. At the time I thought to myself that this shape would make a good design feature on a top made for the Spring/Summer and I had just the right ‘Lemons and Leaves’ printed cotton jersey for the garment! Back in May 2020 I had purchased 1 metre from Jelly Fabrics at a cost of £16.83 – this was going to be yet another expensive tee shirt!
As I have already made the Freya top three times before, I was confident on the fit of the top. There were no surprises as I cut out the top. I was only able to cut short elbow length sleeves due to the minimal amount of fabric available. However there is a large rectangular remnant that I am sure to be able to use on a.n.other project in the future.
The construction was straightforward. This time I cut the neckband only 1¾ inches wide and this has made a very neat finished neckband. The length of both the body and the sleeves was such that I was able to turn up deep hems before finishing with twin-needle topstitching.
I am delighted with yet another unique, well fitting tee to have in my wardrobe, ready for when the weather warms up!
Project #19 completed 2nd March 2021