As mentioned in the description of Loose fitting Tunic Top III and IV, I decided to re-visit this garment and make another for me. This time however I hacked the bodice from my TNT Prima dress pattern.
I extended the length to cover my hips and tummy but shaped the hemline in a similar way to my blouses. I find the gentle curve much more flattering than a boxy straight hem or even hem slits. Due to my generous bust I included the bust darts but omitted the body darts, instead I shaped the side seams using my dressmaker’s french curve ruler.
I used a 2 ¼ “ bias strip to bind the neckline and thereafter all seams were overlocked and then faux flat felled using a khaki green thread. The sleeve caps have some gentle gathering into the armhole but the shoulder seam is still a little wide for my choice. The hems on the sleeves and the shaped hemline were overlocked, turned inside and then stitched with my favourite wide-spaced twin needle.
Overall I am pleased with the result which I am wearing as I type. Next time I will reduce the width of the shoulders by a further ½ “ and maybe raise the neckline very slightly.