At last, I have finished piecing the top of the magic squares quilt that was inspired by our bathroom flooring. The quilt top now measures 67″ square which is a little larger than I originally planned – it has been like Topsy – she just grew! I already have a large piece of 80/20 cotton/polyester wadding (batting for USA readers) and have ordered a Pale Blue King size flat sheet which I will use for the backing.
So now whilst I wait for the delivery I have made up a co-ordinating cushion. I have used some of the dark blue sashing fabric to make piping and the reverse of the cushion cover is calico with zip closure. I made the cover 18″ square but the only new pad I could find is 20″ so the cover is well-stuffed!