I know, I know, I thought that I had finished making the Montana dress for a while. Catherine’s birthday is on Saturday and I happened to have 6 metres of this fabric – so I decided to make her another.
The fabric came from Rainbow Fabrics as part of a ‘haul’ of viscose prints that I wanted to make up into dresses for the coming Autumn season. I purchased 6 metres at £3.99/metre of this particular print. Unfortunately it turned out to be rather larger scale than I was expecting and therefore not appropriate for the pattern I had originally planned.
This dress is planned for Autumn wear, to add some extra substance and warmth I have therefore added a full lining for both the bodice and the skirt.
The lining is made from some more of the Ivory Viscose Voile that I purchased some time ago and has been a great staple for linings on my viscose dresses. All seams have been overlocked which I hope will enable the dress to be washed and worn for many seasons to come.
I included a necklace in the parcel that I sent to Catherine. I am sure with the addition of a turtle neck sweater worn under the dress or a cardigan worn over the top combined with opaque tights, the dress will be a great drop of ‘sunshine’ in the sometimes gloomy weather days ahead.
project #56 completed 30th September 2020