As mentioned in a previous post, Catherine chose this printed Viscose Challis for her next dress. She asked for the ‘Moira’ style but with no frill at the hem. Her wish is my command!
I cut out the dress from the fabric that came from Rainbow Fabrics, this version takes a lot less fabric as you don’t need 3 x the width of the fabric for the hem frill. I guess the dress takes around 2 metres plus a similar amount of lining. I added the usual side seam pockets and self-fabric tie belt attached at the side seams. This time I set my timer and the entire construction took just under 5 hours. All seams were overlocked rather than French seams and this cuts down the time requirement quite a lot.
The dress has been posted off to North Wales. I hope it fits and that my sister is pleased with her ‘Moonflower’ dress.
Project #6 completed 18th January 2021