The dates for the two workshops where I will be tutoring the making of this bag are getting closer. Today I made another sample for New Threads at Weyhill Fairground. I used a lovely Nautical-themed cotton print (bought from New Threads) for the exterior of the bag and plain White polyester cotton for the lining. For the exterior zip pocket I used a Red zip and for the interior a White zip. I have tidied the sewing room sufficiently to be able to switch on the linen press and that made fusing the interfacing and wadding so much more efficient that this bag was the quickest in construction. I used nickel hardware for the bag – a twist lock, 2 x D rings, a strap adjuster and 2 x swivel clip hooks.
So that’s about it for bag-making for a little while. Next project is a dress!