In February I have continued ‘Going Green’ by using yet more of the pretty floral print on Light Green background Viscose from Rainbow Fabrics. This time I made up the ‘Newlyn’ blouse with my TNT short sleeves.
All seams were French seams as I have yet to re-install my newly serviced overlocker into the sewing room. I added the back darts and the ties plus shirt tail shaping to the hemline. The sleeve hem facing was machine top-stitched in place to avoid flopping down due to weight of this very fluid fabric. Hem on the facing and Shirt tail shaped hem on the bodice were folded twice and top stitched. I used five of the Cream buttons that I previously selected (and rejected) for use on the Janice #2 dress.
Conclusion: Another straightforward sew. I love this pattern but feel I really should try at least a couple of the many, many other blouse and top patterns that I have.
Project #9 completed 18th February 2022