Hooray! At last a pretty good neckline banding.
Front neck banding
Rear neck banding
Recently my sister told me that she had read that the colour for the Spring was Yellow. I have just completed a dress with Yellow roses (not a complete fail but not 100% good either) so now I am back with one of my all-time favourite makes, the Paolina tee shirt.
The fabric is a tee shirt weight cotton jersey purchased from Girl Charlee for just £8.00. Having learned my lesson from the Flamingo dress, this time I did pre-wash the fabric.
Construction was very straightforward. Again I approached the neck banding with some trepidation. I feel this is one of the most important features of a tee and separates the home made from the hand made. Still, I managed a good job this time. Every neck band seems to improve – let’s hope I am not speaking too soon!
The hemline of the main body seems to have stretched out a little. To avoid this happening next time, I have re-shaped the hemline to a shirt tail. I have already cut out another Paolina which I hope to sew up tomorrow. Till then, I am off to the garden to enjoy the Spring sunshine.
Completed Paolina Tee