As promised here is the first (I plan to make another pinafore-dress- style) of the samples to promote the workshop planned for November at New Threads Quilt Shop.
The dress will eventually be sent to my great grand daughter, hence I have made a 3, the smallest size included in the envelope. My version is based on view B. I used a pretty pink spot cotton from New Threads and trimmed with a floral embroidered braid that I had in my stash. I think I bought that trim when on holiday in the Canary Islands, several years ago!
The dress has a square neckline with facing.
The sleeves have a gathered cap, they are trimmed with the same trim that has been used on the bodice and around the skirt of the dress. The main seams were sewn using a French seam to avoid raw edges on the inside of the dress. However, the gathering of the skirt into the waistline is finished with a narrow zig-zag overcasting.
I used my TNT lapped zip insertion with a hand picked finish.
I am delighted with the finished garment and cannot wait to get stitching the next version for which I will be using a Santa’s Christmas Ark printed cotton from my stash.