Prior to making the two sample bags for the next workshop, I had cut out two Blouses. The first was completed (Swallow blouse posted earlier) but the second was put on the “roundtuit” pile. I strongly dislike having to do this as in the past I have found that some things never make it out of the pile. I was determined it would not happen to this blouse.
The fabric was all that I had left after making the weekender bag, cosmetics bag, barrel bag and tote bag – just enough for a short sleeve blouse.
I used my TNT McCalls 2797 pattern which is now Out of Print. Fortunately I have been able to buy another copy through etsy.com as my original is falling to pieces.
The only changes I made to the pattern were to round off the corners of the collar and rever. I also added a patch pocket to the right front bodice as I always need somewhere to tuck a handkerchief.
I am pleased with the finished blouse which was stitched in record time despite spending extra minutes to double top-stitch the collar, rever, pocket, sleeve hems and also top-stitch the princess seam lines on the front bodice.