Next on the “to make” list was a Sorbetto top, a free downloaded pdf pattern from Colette Patterns. I thought this would make a great little vest top to go with Capri trousers or a denim skirt. I used a remnant of White background 100% cotton printed with pretty blue flowers. Again, I measured myself, the pattern and compared with the design information. I drafted the pattern up from the size 18 at the shoulders, to a 22 at the waist and hips. What I should have done was a full bust adjustment (FBA) at the same time. When I tried on the top, although it fitted across the shoulders and bust, the armhole gaped. I made a small dart in each front armhole and “tidied” up the armhole shaping. This then left an area of no fabric which exposed the side of my bra! The solution was to draft a short sleeve. To account for the extra fabric required to cover the “gaposis” I made puffed sleeves into a narrow cuff. The other error that I made was not to cut the front of the top on the fold. This meant that I was left with a seam at the centre on the front pleat. To make a feature, I top stitched the edges and applied a row of co-ordinating buttons. I finished the neckline with self bias binding. Finally I have a neat little top to wear on Summery days. In the meantime, I have re-drafted the pattern taking into account the FBA and adjusted the armhole to avoid “gaposis”.