I thought Spring was on its way so rushed to make up this charming Tangerine printed cotton from New Threads “Sale” bin.
I used a TNT pattern to make a shirtdress. The bodice is a hack from McCalls 6438 using the shawl collar design but with changes to the sleeves. The originals are 2-part sleeves with a shaped hem which I have converted to a classic sleeve pattern but incorporated the shaping to the sleeve hem to reflect the shaping of the rever on the collar.
I used two widths of the fabric to provide for a nice full skirt which is slightly tapered to reduce fullness at the waist seam and included my standard side-seam pockets. The waistline is elasticated with ¼ inch elastic.
I have sufficient fabric to send away to Harlequin for them to make a co-ordinating belt but meantime I shall wear the dress with the “gold” plaited belt shown in the photograph.
I said at the beginning of this post that I thought Spring was on its way – yesterday we were treated to several hailstorms so perhaps it will be a few more weeks before this Springtime dress gets its airing!