In the past I have made many, many Paola Turtle Neck tops. Just lately however, not so many. However, today I busted my stash and made two Paola tops from a 2 metre length of fine viscose jersey that I purchased at least twelve months ago from Girl Charlee.
I had in my pattern stash a copy of the Paola cut to my size and also another copy cut to my sister’s size. I cut both tops from the length of fabric and still have a fair sized remnant that can be used for neck bindings and cuffs. The alterations to my version were to reduce the sleeve length and also the height of the turtle neck. For Catherine’s version I had to lengthen the body by 3 inches as she is much taller than me!
For an hour in the morning and a couple in the afternoon I batch sewed the two tops. I added narrow double cuffs to the sleeves and twin needle stitched the hems on the bodies. A good press and Catherine’s version is now ready to pack and post along with a hand-knitted scarf in complimentary colours. I am wearing my top with a beautiful Amber bead necklace.
I have now completed 13 projects which means that I can allow myself to buy some new fabric. I have ordered some Blush Pink Ponte Roma from Stitchy Bee to make another cropped cardigan and meantime have already cut out my next project which is a cotton print dress. This will be my version of the Penny Dress by Sew Over It, which I shall call ‘Polly’.
Completed 18th February 2020.