Some time ago I made a ‘trial’ version of a zip topped bag that had a ‘window’ at the front so that it was easy to see the contents of the bag. I have found the bag to be very useful and wanted to refine the project.
Original window project bag
The original bag size had been defined by the size of the vinyl (shower curtain remnant) used for the window but as I now have metres of clear vinyl I could make the bag to whatever dimensions I wanted.
I wanted the finished bag to be approximately the same size as a piece of A4 paper so that if the project had written instructions, they could be included in the bag without being folded. After a false start when I made the window much too big with bindings that were too narrow, I did eventually come up with the correct dimensions to have the finished bag the size that I wanted.
A4 sized window project bag
Due to the ‘trial and error’ nature of construction I have not timed myself for this bag but now that I have the correct cutting dimensions I intend to make another to check the time required to make this project.