A new Dress for the Spring

It’s the first day of Spring so I thought I would make a new dress in a cotton fabric that has a print that made me think of the Pink Hyacinths and Yellow Primroses currently flowering in the garden. I bought the fabric last Autumn from a stand at the Quilt Show held at the Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallett. Whilst I am waiting for a new pattern ordered from eBay to arrive, I decided to re-visit an old pattern (New Look 6527) that I have used in the past with great success.  When made up the sleeves are not quite as full as portrayed on the pattern envelope and of course, my waist is no longer as pronounced but I do like the full skirt, scallop neckline and the button front. I have made some fitting adjustments and cut out the fabric so hopefully will put the dress together over the weekend.

spring dress fabric

Whilst cutting out the pattern, I was supervised by a furry assistant – Jazz, my Tortie & White cat who has delusions of becoming a dress designer!

jazz and the spring dress cutting out

new look 6527