Dragonfly Print Sorbetto Vest Top


Earlier I had made a Sorbetto top using the free downloaded PDF pattern from Colette patterns. It ended up being rather a hack as I had to add sleeves. For my final make of May 2016 I decided to have another go at the vest top. This time, armed with the FBA (full bust adjustment) I decided to use this fabulous dragonfly printed cotton fabric from New Threads, Weyhill Fairground. Construction was simple and straightforward. Bust darts, front pleat, shoulder and side seams, bias binding around neckline and armholes, machine the hem and you are done! If anything, this top has come out a little short, probably because the fabric was expensive, I was mean with the yardage that I purchased. Next time, and there will be a next time, I shall extend the bodice to give a shaped hem that looks better when worn outside trousers or skirts. Meantime, ┬áthis top looks fab worn with White Capri trousers and my favourite Lilac shoes – bring on the sunshine!