Paolina no 3 – Lime Green Fleur de Lys

Remember how I made several Paola tops one after the other? It seems that the same thing is happening with the Paolinas.

Number 3 was made yesterday using a length of fine viscose jersey purchased from Abakhan in Mostyn, North Wales. The company sells a lot of their fabrics by weight. This piece was very light and cost the grand sum of £3.05. The colour was a little awkward to match but I eventually found a citrus lemony/lime colour that seems to work well. 

There is not much more to say about the construction other than the fact that this is the first version with the shaped hem and due to lack of fabric – much shorter sleeves. The fabric has good stretch and medium recovery.

Another good neckline band

Now that I am getting used to jersey fabrics and sewing thereof I am also beginning to understand that if very stretchy with good recovery then I can sew with a 1.5 cms seamline, if not so stretchy then the Paolina is stitched with a 1 cm seamline.

Last night I cut out and prepared two more Paolina tops… watch this space for numbers 4 and 5!