As promised in the previous post – here is Paolina no 4. The fabric used was another remnant purchased at Abakhan for the grand sum of £4.83. I am not sure of the fibre content but it feels a little synthetic so probably a polyester jersey. There is a double printed border of stripes with a central panel of very dark Navy and White floral print on a Lilac background. This was a long length of fabric which meant that I could cut ¾ length sleeves. The weather has turned a little cooler after the days of brilliant sunshine so the longer sleeves are a bonus.
Construction was the usual process and I am pleased with how I managed to match up the stripes and floral panel across the body and sleeves. So that I did not have to worry about lining up the stripes for the neckband, I cut the 2½ inch strip with the stripes going vertically and I think it makes a good finish to the neckline. To help identify the front and back, I kept a little of the floral print on the neck binding at the back. It makes it so much easier to put the top on the right way around!
back neck binding
This is the second version with the shaped hem which stitched up easily especially as I took the time to press in place before stitching with the twin needle.
Only small fault is that I stitched the sleeve hems too close to the fold and now the overlocked edges keep peeking out. I will go back and re-stitch the hems so that stops happening. Note to self: remember to increase the stitching line to ensure that it catches the turnings in place.