I read from my Kindle every day and like to keep it safe in a padded case. The original case has fallen apart so now I needed to ‘run up’ a new one. I had two scraps of fabric remnants from other projects which were just the right size to make a new case. Using some wadding from an old ironing board cover I quilted the remnant of face fabric. I started with a diagonal grid but then went ‘off plan’ and completed one of my favourite designs where straight lines turn into curves.
I was making up the construction as I went along and having completed the quilting I then stitched the outer to the lining right sides together leaving one end open to turn through. However, I forgot to stitch the sides together before turning right side out and thus have had to hand stitch them – not my favourite pastime!
The flap was finished by turning the lining fabric to the outside, folding and top stitching in place. I also popped in a hair bungee to use as the loop for the button. The button is infact two buttons stitched together which is a favourite method to give additional interest to a plain button.
Now I can rest assured that my kindle is snug, safe and sound in its own padded case.
Project #46 completed 10th July 2021