Some time ago I bought a polo neck top from Cotton Traders. The very first thing I had to do was to reduce the length! Since then the top had been worn only once as I found the polo neck too tight and high. So, it sat in the cupboard waiting for me to get around to it.
Today was the day. I cut off the collar, removed the sleeves and cut out the seams on the shoulders. Using my self-drafted Paolina pattern I re-cut short sleeves (could not avoid the Cotton Traders embroidered log) and a new scoop neckline. I used two pieces of 2 inch wide strip cut from the remainder of the sleeves to make a neckband.
First thing to stitch was the new shoulder seams (¼ inch seam allowance only) using some stay tape in the seam as the fabric is very mobile. I used a narrow zig-zagstitch and then finished with the overlocker. Next was the neckband. This went in like a dream!
Finally I turned up the hem on the sleeves and as I had never cut the original side seams, set the sleeves into the armholes using the ‘in the round’ method.
All finished in around 40 minutes. A great ‘new’ tee with a much more comfortable neckline.
Project #78 completed 21st November 2021.