Sage Green Snakeskin Threadcount Top

With the second length of snakeskin print jersey purchased from Salisbury branch of Fabricland, I elected to make a wearable toile of a new Threadcount pattern that was included with a recent sewing magazine purchase.

This 2-in-1 jersey top features overlays and as the jersey was bought at such a keen price I thought it would be good to use for the toile.

I cut an 18 at the shoulders and then graded out for bust, waist and hips. I shortened the back waist by ¾ inch for my sway back and then lengthened the front and back skirt parts by 1 inch. As usual I shortened the sleeves by 3 inches.

According to the instructions one should turn the back neck to the inside and top stitch in place but I dislike this method. Instead I added a narrow neck band which was sandwiched between the front bodice and overlays.

I found the front V-neckline and wrap overlays a little puzzling at first but eventually worked it out. Some finessing was required with the overlays stitched into the side seams and to be honest I am not entirely happy with the end result. I machined a narrow hem on the skirt and sleeves but most of the remainder of the top was stitched on the overlocker.

Threadcount 2-in-1 Jersey Top

The top looks good over Black skinny jeans and leggings but after some consideration I have decided that it is not for me and has been sent to the local charity shop along with the original pattern.

completed 21st November 2019